Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock with poncho

  • Francois
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 28, 2004
      I also just ran across a great looking poncho designed by Brawny
      > Wellman (Dancing light gear), it's 63" x 116", and has some nice
      features.

      > You know, I suppose if you are pitching the poncho diagonally you
      might have
      > plenty of coverage to keep you dry. I just like the idea od having
      a little
      > more area to cook under, etc., and the larger ponchos seem like
      they would
      > be great.
      >
      > I'm with you on the dual purpose thing. Makes a lot of sense.
      >
      > Chet

      Having tied an 8X5 tarp to my hammock to make a test, i think it is
      too short and narrow for proper covering in a storm. It's alright
      for ordinary rain, but I would be worried at the first gust of
      wind. I think the dancing light poncho would be awesome, thanks for
      pointing it out!! Hope I can get it within a month...

      -franc