Re: [Hammock Camping] StandIsDone

  • Bror8588@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28 10:44 AM
      In a message dated 3/28/04 13:06:35 Eastern Standard Time, firefly@... writes:

      When your book is reprinted, PLEASE redo the pictures. Now, this is from my
      viewpoint only, and others may not have this problem, but I find the
      pictures to be universally too small and too dark and therefore not very
      helpful. When one is trying to figure out how to do something critical like
      hang a hammock properly, this is problematic. The book is otherwise
      fantastic.

      Agreed that the book is terrific but in regard to the photos let me suggest that perhaps  Drawings with identification of the various rope, pipe, fabric, etc., might be more clear.  Drawings and Pictures -- Yeah! That's it!

      Here's hoping that you sell out your present stock and are forced to come out with a new expanded edition perhaps even, an encyclopedia of Hammocking.

      Skylander      (Two days before I board AMTRAK for Georgia and four days before I    .                     step off Springer Mountain)

    • SF Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28 11:14 AM
        And...you could really benefit from a professional editor; there were
        several dozen spelling errors in the book that should be fixed before
        the next printing.

        I'm sure you want the book to project the most competent, credible
        image - and a solid edit would help - but of course none of this
        changes the fact that it's a great book and that you've done so much
        for all of us via it and your site. Thanks for all of that!

        - Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28 4:23 PM
          Thanks guys for all the recent feedback on my book. I do intend on doing
          updates, so your comments are appreciated...Ed Moderator, Hammock
          Camping-L

        • firefly
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 28 5:27 PM
            The stand is fantastic. I have spent the last 2 hours in my Hammock Bliss in
            it. A properly placed hammock is like good drugs!
            Marsanne

            Thanks guys for all the recent feedback on my book. I do intend on doing
            updates, so your comments are appreciated...Ed Moderator, Hammock
            Camping-L

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Chet Clocksin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28 5:45 PM
              Marsanne,
              Glad to hear you finished up your stand! I am really liking mine.

              Chet