steel pipe hammock stand

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27 8:47 AM
      I will stick my neck out here and acknowledge that I am going to attempt
      your pipe hammock stand today. I am a bit put off by the cost, but if I can
      make this work it will be very worth it! Right now I have no place to hang
      my HH at home, which means I cannot really work on modifying my old TNF
      sleeping bag into an underquilt.
      Marsanne

      I added some pics of the Wallcreeper sleeping bag used around my hammock, as
      well as vest and sleeping bag. Pics are in the photo section under Chet's
      home made.

      I slept in the hammock last night, using the Wallcreeper as a peapod, with a
      thin foam pad between the bag and the hammock. Low temp was 48 F according
      to my digital thermometer, and humidity was 100 %. Everything was soaking
      wet with dew, including the Wallcreeper. I was quite warm, having slept in a
      pair of very thin polypro long johns, and using a very light fleece
      sweatshirt thrown over my upper body, and smartwool hiking socks. my feet
      got too warm and I had to take the socks off. Evidently, the DWR finish on
      the Pertex shell of the Wallcreeper did its its job. The bag never got wet
      on the inside, and never lost any loft. Overall this system seemed to work
      well.

      Chet