Re: thoughts on sewing underquilts

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 24, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Mirage" <mirage@p...> wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ciyd01" <ciyd@a...> wrote:
      > > I'm now
      > > starting on a down version, which requires baffles, and I expect
      > it
      > > to be at least 2 months. Probably longer since I only have about
      > 10
      > > hours a week I can spend on it. Maybe it will be done by then
      end
      > of
      > > May.
      > >

      > Just in time for the warm summer season ;)
      >
      > Shane "Mirage"...

      Actually, I'm making this with warm weather in mind. Well, warm for
      the Pac NW. I'm hoping to use a light down underquilt and leave the
      foam pad at home. It should pack up smaller although it will be
      about 5 oz heavier. Just being able to sleep without fighting the
      slipping pad makes a cushy night's sleep even nicer! We HH have it
      sooooooo nice compared to ground sleepers :-)

      Also, the light quilt is a good way to test overall dimensions and
      stuff so that when I make next year's winter down quilt, I won't have
      to worry about hypothermia. Of course, it will take all summer to
      sew the cold weather quilt.

      ciyd