RE: [Hammock Camping] Re:RE: Re: GettingParkOfficialstoallowHammocks >

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004

      I checked the website. No FS  PR job openings anywhere. As for politics, I was the press secretary, for 8 years, to a very progressive GOP governor. Now the Dems don’t want to touch me because of that, even though I am a Dem. I will do to work for the first good person of either party, I mean “good” as in not an extremist—who writes me a check. I did turn down a candidate recently, but he was too far to the left for me, and he can’t win. I am one of those people folks like to laugh at—your basic political centrist: Protect the environment, stay out of people’s private lives, let people make whatever kinds of private commitments they want to make,  but don’t penalize hard working people for taking risks, working hard and earning lots of money. And, let me keep my handgun for self protection. I got stuck in traffic in a bad section of New Orleans yesterday and had it on my lap. (Sorry Ed, I will hush now, I know this is dancing on the line.)  I would love to have you email me PRIVATELY about why you are not interested in helping Kerry. I have people who are big contributors to the Democratic party who are lobbying to get me into his campaign. I also have a GOP congressman knocking on my door. I have to make a choice within a few days, so email me!

      Marsanne

      Marsanne-

      If the Forest Service idea works out, see if they will let you bring an assistant.  I won't tell them of my partiality to the National Park Service.  They do have some overlap in needs, issues, and types of services.

      (I'll leave politics out of it.  I live in "Kerry country."  Yeah, the campaign might look exciting, but I'm not interested in helping him.)

      Rosaleen