Re:RE: Re: GettingParkOfficialstoallowHammocks >

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004
      Marsanne-

      If the Forest Service idea works out, see if they will let you bring an assistant.  I won't tell them of my partiality to the National Park Service.  They do have some overlap in needs, issues, and types of services.

      (I'll leave politics out of it.  I live in "Kerry country."  Yeah, the campaign might look exciting, but I'm not interested in helping him.)

      Rosaleen
      From: "firefly" <firefly@...>
      > Subject: RE: Re: GettingParkOfficialstoallowHammocks
      >
      > Rosaleen,
      > I am falling out laughing about the cans, especially the
      > Campbell's Soup! My
      > post was prompted by some a few days back about hammocks not
      > being allowed
      > in one of the state parks, I think it was in Georgia. I think
      > one reason
      > there's a knee jerk reaction against hammocks is so many of
      > the "afternoon
      > nap hammocks" come with hooks to screw in trees. This,
      > rightfully, makes
      > park service people CRAZY. The first thing I say when
      > introducing a HH is,
      > "no hooks, no damage to trees". This gives me an idea. Maybe
      > I should forget
      > politics and apply for a Forest Service PR job. Can you
      > imagine me doing
      > backpacking demos for the Forest Service! I will look into it
      > immediately. I
      > am itching to get into the Kerry campaign, but if that does
      > not work out
      > maybe I will just do the above!

    • firefly