Hello and Question

  • morianna1
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2004
      Greetings:

      I am about to take a three month trip to Saban in Quantana Roo,
      Mexico as an archaeology student. I have been advised to purchase a
      LARGE Mayan hamaca (and specifically told to wait 'til I got there
      for the best deal).

      I will admit to not liking mosquitos and other pesky bugs, but am
      having a hard time finding the perfect mosquito netting option here
      in the states (and have been told the bug 'nets are damned near
      impossible to acquire in the remote area I'm going to).

      I have found two main types of 'nets, but neither seem to
      accommodate the "lying at an angle" or "lying crossways" on the Mayan-
      style hammock. Since I am a starving student, I don't want to shell
      out 30 to 60 bucks on a 'net that simply will not work. Has anyone
      had a good success story they would like to share about sleeping on a
      Mayan hamaca with a 'net in very warm, mosquito prone areas? .

      Thanks in advance

      April