Re: McCatPhotosPosted

  • HopLite
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
      That tarp looks great; I really should have pulled the trigger and sprung
      for one. ONe question: is the tarp compatible with HH snakeskins?

      HopLite

      firefly writes:

      > They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best
      > things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm
      > weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but
      > not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully,
      > do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract
      > work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!
      > Marsanne

    • firefly
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
        I don't have snakeskins, but here is what I think: If you, unlike me, are
        able to tie a clove hitch without going crazy (I just need practice), then
        why use the snakeskins? I mean, you throw this tarp up first, using clove
        hitch to wrap the lines around the tree, above the HH, then you get
        underneath it and hang the HH. You and the HH are dry, protected by the
        tarp. I am going to work on my clove hitch.
        Marsanne