McCatPhotosPosted

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

      They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully, do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!

      Marsanne

    • HopLite
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
        That tarp looks great; I really should have pulled the trigger and sprung
        for one. ONe question: is the tarp compatible with HH snakeskins?

        HopLite

        firefly writes:

        > They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best
        > things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm
        > weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but
        > not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully,
        > do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract
        > work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!
        > Marsanne

      • firefly
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
          I don't have snakeskins, but here is what I think: If you, unlike me, are
          able to tie a clove hitch without going crazy (I just need practice), then
          why use the snakeskins? I mean, you throw this tarp up first, using clove
          hitch to wrap the lines around the tree, above the HH, then you get
          underneath it and hang the HH. You and the HH are dry, protected by the
          tarp. I am going to work on my clove hitch.
          Marsanne