Re: RE: Re: Tensioning

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
      Dave- I actually spent about 8 weeks total in Sarasota last year. My parents have been living there. Mom had cancer surgery last summer, so I stayed about 6 weeks and one of my sisers took over as I left. (It was really convenient that we both work in schools and this came up in the summer.) I spent the holiday break there, as well, helping get set up to move. If I get back before they leave the area, I'll give you a shout. Thanks.

      (BTW, they are on a waiting list for a retirement community nearly in Risk's back yard.)

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      > From: "David Chinell" <dchinell@...>
      > Subject: RE: Re: Tensioning
      >
      > Rosaleen:
      >
      > Yes, I'd like to make one of the campouts some day. Alas, this year my Rita
      > had a little medical crisis. We're all okay now, but it kind of drained the
      > holiday days and funds at my disposal. Sigh. But weren't you in Sarasota
      > recently? Let me know next time you're here, and we'll try to arrange an
      > overnight if you like.
      >
      > As to the knot, I'm guessing a bowline might work, but would be a little too
      > permanent -- that is it wouldn't allow fine-tuning the tension because it
      > would be fixed in one spot along the tarp line. I'd go with the hair-elastic
      > lark's head or prussic. Or even tie the body line onto the
      > tarp line with a
      > tautline hitch.
      >
      > The tautline is my all-time favorite hammocking knot.
      >
      > Bear
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
        Great! Hope we can make it happen. Where's Risk's back yard,
        by the way? He's not in Florida, is he?

        Bear

        Dave- I actually spent about 8 weeks total in Sarasota last
        year. My parents have been living there. Mom had cancer
        surgery last summer, so I stayed about 6 weeks and one of my
        sisers took over as I left. (It was really convenient that
        we both work in schools and this came up in the summer.) I
        spent the holiday break there, as well, helping get set up
        to move. If I get back before they leave the area, I'll
        give you a shout. Thanks.

        (BTW, they are on a waiting list for a retirement community
        nearly in Risk's back yard.)

        Cheers!

        Rosaleen

        > From: "David Chinell" <dchinell@...>
        > Subject: RE: Re: Tensioning
        >
        > Rosaleen:
        >
        > Yes, I'd like to make one of the campouts some day. Alas,
        this year my Rita
        > had a little medical crisis. We're all okay now, but it
        kind of drained the
        > holiday days and funds at my disposal. Sigh. But weren't
        you in Sarasota
        > recently? Let me know next time you're here, and we'll try
        to arrange an
        > overnight if you like.
        >
        > As to the knot, I'm guessing a bowline might work, but
        would be a little too
        > permanent -- that is it wouldn't allow fine-tuning the
        tension because it
        > would be fixed in one spot along the tarp line. I'd go
        with the hair-elastic
        > lark's head or prussic. Or even tie the body line onto the
        > tarp line with a
        > tautline hitch.
        >
        > The tautline is my all-time favorite hammocking knot.
        >
        > Bear

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon
        or Lexmark
        Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
        US & Canada.
        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/z1TolB/TM
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
          David Chinell wrote:

          >Great! Hope we can make it happen. Where's Risk's back yard,
          >by the way? He's not in Florida, is he?
          >
          >Bear

          Risk's back yard is in Dayton, OH.