RE: [Hammock Camping] McCaREALtest

  • John Kennedy
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
      Marsanne,

      I own www.66pix.com.  You can open a trial account there and I will approve it for you so you can post for free.

      Thanks,
      John
      Wholesale pricing to the public
      www.jekco.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: firefly [mailto:firefly@...]
      Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 7:30 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Hammock Camping] McCaREALtest

      I am going to look for a place to upload these pics and then just send you all the link.

      Marsanne

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

        Thanks, but Karen just suggested I upload to the group file, which I think would make it easier.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

          They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully, do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!

          Marsanne

        • HopLite
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
            That tarp looks great; I really should have pulled the trigger and sprung
            for one. ONe question: is the tarp compatible with HH snakeskins?

            HopLite

            firefly writes:

            > They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best
            > things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm
            > weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but
            > not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully,
            > do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract
            > work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!
            > Marsanne

          • firefly
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
              I don't have snakeskins, but here is what I think: If you, unlike me, are
              able to tie a clove hitch without going crazy (I just need practice), then
              why use the snakeskins? I mean, you throw this tarp up first, using clove
              hitch to wrap the lines around the tree, above the HH, then you get
              underneath it and hang the HH. You and the HH are dry, protected by the
              tarp. I am going to work on my clove hitch.
              Marsanne