RE: [Hammock Camping] McCaREALtest

  • trevor hills
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

      sure would like to see the pictures of the mac tarp in action

      osteo

      >From: "firefly"
      >Subject: [Hammock Camping] McCaREALtest
      >Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:56:53 -0600
      >
      >OK, gotcha beat because I just got back from a CAMPGROUND, two nights,
      >with howling gusty winds and not as much rain as I had hoped, but enough to
      >test out MY MacCAT. Brian wanted me to take pics and I will send them to him
      >tomorrow, but I hereby certify that this is one awesome, quiet, huge,
      >rain-shedding tarp. THANKS BRIAN, and I did not have time to answer your
      >private email before I left in a hurry Tuesday morning, but yes, I suggest
      >you rig them same as HH tarps, including D-rings, or O rings. It was warm,
      >only down into the 60s, so I rigged the thing about a foot above the HH,
      >attached to the tree hugger straps but I needed more line to stake it out
      >higher. I took the shock cord off the HH tarp, but I was on a hillside and
      >would have been cooler if I had staked it higher. Slept great one night,
      >hardly at all the next, due to the durn heat! If anybody else wants pics,
      >email me privately please and I will send to you same time I send to Brian,
      >tomorrow or over the weekend, after I finish unpacking. I am basically
      >finished with using that HH tarp, will keep it for an emergency tarp or
      >something. BRIAN YOU ROCK!
      >Marsanne
      >

      >The MacCat has been up in the backyard for 2 days now for
      >observation. Granted it would be better to be on the AT but the
      >hospital owns me this week so that is the best I can do for a bit.
      >The last 28-32hours have been very rainy and accomapnied with strong
      >wind. The tarp is 50feet from the hottub so I have had several
      >chances to observe it a wind that struck it from the rear
      >quarter...no flapping at all as expected and an interesting vibration

      Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN�s NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here.
    • firefly
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

        I am going to look for a place to upload these pics and then just send you all the link.

        Marsanne

        sure would like to see the pictures of the mac tarp in action

        osteo

        >From: "firefly"

        >Subject: [Hammock Camping] McCaREALtest

        >Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:56:53 -0600

        >OK, gotcha beat because I just got back from a CAMPGROUND, two nights,

        >with howling gusty winds and not as much rain as I had hoped, but enough to

        >test out MY MacCAT. Brian wanted me to take pics and I will send them to him

        >tomorrow, but I hereby certify that this is one awesome, quiet, huge,

        >rain-shedding tarp. THANKS BRIAN, and I did not have time to answer your

        >private email before I left in a hurry Tuesday morning, but yes, I suggest

        >you rig them same as HH tarps, including D-rings, or O rings. It was warm,

        >only down into the 60s, so I rigged the thing about a foot above the HH,

        >attached to the tree hugger straps but I needed more line to stake it out

        >higher. I took the shock cord off the HH tarp, but I was on a hillside and

        >would have been cooler if I had staked it higher. Slept great one night,

        >hardly at all the next, due to the durn heat! If anybody else wants pics,

        >email me privately please and I will send to you same time I send to Brian,

        >tomorrow or over the weekend, after I finish unpacking. I am basically

        >finished with using that HH tarp, will keep it for an emergency tarp or

        >something. BRIAN YOU ROCK!

        >Marsanne

        >The MacCat has been up in the backyard for 2 days now for

        >observation. Granted it would be better to be on the AT but the

        >hospital owns me this week so that is the best I can do for a bit.

        >The last 28-32hours have been very rainy and accomapnied with strong

        >wind. The tarp is 50feet from the hottub so I have had several

        >chances to observe it a wind that struck it from the rear

        >quarter...no flapping at all as expected and an interesting vibration

        Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN's NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here.

      • John Kennedy
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
          Marsanne,

          I own www.66pix.com.  You can open a trial account there and I will approve it for you so you can post for free.

          Thanks,
          John
          Wholesale pricing to the public
          www.jekco.com

        • Bror8588@AOL.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
            Thanks.  I look forward to seeing the MacCat in action.

            Skylander
          • firefly
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

              Thanks, but Karen just suggested I upload to the group file, which I think would make it easier.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004

                They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully, do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!

                Marsanne

              • HopLite
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
                  That tarp looks great; I really should have pulled the trigger and sprung
                  for one. ONe question: is the tarp compatible with HH snakeskins?

                  HopLite

                  firefly writes:

                  > They’re in the group photo section, marked McCat Tarp. One of the best
                  > things about this tarp is that I will be able to raise it higher for warm
                  > weather and stake it out wider so I can get the benefit of the breezes but
                  > not get doused if those breezes are carrying rain. I am going to, hopefully,
                  > do another trial in a few days. I have politicians calling me about contract
                  > work now so I have suddenly gotten very busy. YAY!
                  > Marsanne

                • firefly
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 5, 2004
                    I don't have snakeskins, but here is what I think: If you, unlike me, are
                    able to tie a clove hitch without going crazy (I just need practice), then
                    why use the snakeskins? I mean, you throw this tarp up first, using clove
                    hitch to wrap the lines around the tree, above the HH, then you get
                    underneath it and hang the HH. You and the HH are dry, protected by the
                    tarp. I am going to work on my clove hitch.
                    Marsanne