McCaREALtest

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
      OK, gotcha beat <G> because I just got back from a CAMPGROUND, two nights,
      with howling gusty winds and not as much rain as I had hoped, but enough to
      test out MY MacCAT. Brian wanted me to take pics and I will send them to him
      tomorrow, but I hereby certify that this is one awesome, quiet, huge,
      rain-shedding tarp. THANKS BRIAN, and I did not have time to answer your
      private email before I left in a hurry Tuesday morning, but yes, I suggest
      you rig them same as HH tarps, including D-rings, or O rings. It was warm,
      only down into the 60s, so I rigged the thing about a foot above the HH,
      attached to the tree hugger straps but I needed more line to stake it out
      higher. I took the shock cord off the HH tarp, but I was on a hillside and
      would have been cooler if I had staked it higher. Slept great one night,
      hardly at all the next, due to the durn heat! If anybody else wants pics,
      email me privately please and I will send to you same time I send to Brian,
      tomorrow or over the weekend, after I finish unpacking. I am basically
      finished with using that HH tarp, will keep it for an emergency tarp or
      something. BRIAN YOU ROCK!
      Marsanne

      The MacCat has been up in the backyard for 2 days now for
      observation. Granted it would be better to be on the AT but the
      hospital owns me this week so that is the best I can do for a bit.
      The last 28-32hours have been very rainy and accomapnied with strong
      wind. The tarp is 50feet from the hottub so I have had several
      chances to observe it a wind that struck it from the rear
      quarter...no flapping at all as expected and an interesting vibration
    • Mirage
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
        > OK, gotcha beat <G> because I just got back from a CAMPGROUND, two
        nights,
        > with howling gusty winds and not as much rain as I had hoped, but
        enough to
        > test out MY MacCAT. Brian wanted me to take pics and I will send
        them to him
        > tomorrow, but I hereby certify that this is one awesome, quiet,
        huge,
        > rain-shedding tarp. THANKS BRIAN
        > If anybody else wants pics,
        > email me privately please and I will send to you same time I send
        to Brian,
        > tomorrow or over the weekend, after I finish unpacking. I am
        basically
        > finished with using that HH tarp, will keep it for an emergency
        tarp or
        > something. BRIAN YOU ROCK!
        > Marsanne

        I'd love to see the pics too, and could you remind me, what
        dimension tarp did Brian make for you?

        Shane "Mirage"...
      • firefly
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
          I don't remember. Brian? I am sure he will know.
          Marsanne