RE: [Hammock Camping] Possible Underquilt Scam

  • John Kennedy
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
      I would suggest that you go to your main post office and file a mail fraud complaint.  This is a federal offense if, in fact, they took your moeny and are not going to send you the product.

      Thanks,
      John
      Wholesale pricing to the public
      www.jekco.com

    • B D
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
        Thanks for your comment Risk. The issue is not the money...it's the principle of ethics, trust in a man's word, and respect. My disgruntlement as expressed through my notice has now progressed to resolution. As far as I'm concerned, he can use my funds anyway he sees fit.bd

        ra1@... wrote:
        Quoting B D <bd29162dc@...>:

        > This is an alert notice to all those who responded to Scott Thacher's (White
        > Knight) offer to fabricate an underquilt offer in December 2003...

        BD,

        As you are dissatisfied with Scott's service, I'd suggest you just cancel your
        order and ask for a refund.  I'm sure he does not want a dusgruntled customer.

        Risk

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • B D
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
          From the responses I received, it appears I was out of order in airing my grievances regarding my previous post. I apologize for any inconvenience in the reading of the post and the emotional undertones. I am sure Mr. Scott Thacher has an explanation for delays and I apologize to him specifically for any allegations of wrongdoing.  I was frustrated due the fact of my planning and expectations.  One of my pet peeves is arranging a contractual agreement with someone and fulfilling my obligation as expeditously as possible only to be delayed by the other. It is a personal character defect of mine. I apologize for jumping the gun and subjecting the group members to my venting and raving especially against a fellow member. I've learned a lesson not to do any transactions through the groups from this point on. Once again, I apologize to all including Mr. Scott Thacher (White Knight).  Good luck in your endeavors, Scott.bd

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • subypower
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2004
            sorry for not answering any posts or emails i have been the the
            hospital sense monday after noon, with a sever virus going around the
            maryland area. it has been bad enough that several people have died
            in the area, mostly from dehidration at home. to give the systopms i
            had were sever diarea and vomitting with really screwed up blood
            chemistry, when i checked in on monady my blood pressure was 15
            points lower when standing than sitting and i recieved 2 liters of
            fluids by iv on monday night ( total of 4 liters by wednsday)and did
            not go to the bathroom ( peeing ) for 24 hours after that, i am
            better now but not fully recovered yet.

            but 3 quilts will be mailed tommarrow and the rest on monday, i will
            post pics here tommarrow so everybody can see what they look like

            i apologize for this but i was planning to mail the three out after
            work on monady but never made it home.

            btw if your area is having this virus and your are sick please go to
            the er, and wash your hands alot, because this outbreak is also
            causing norwalk virus cases in the local hospitals

            scott
          • Amy
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2004
              On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 12:30 AM, subypower wrote:

              > sorry for not answering any posts or emails i have been the the
              > hospital sense monday after noon, with a sever virus going around the
              > maryland area. it has been bad enough that several people have died
              > in the area, mostly from dehidration at home. to give the systopms i
              > had were sever diarea and vomitting with really screwed up blood
              > chemistry, when i checked in on monady my blood pressure was 15
              > points lower when standing than sitting and i recieved 2 liters of
              > fluids by iv on monday night ( total of 4 liters by wednsday)and did
              > not go to the bathroom ( peeing ) for 24 hours after that, i am
              > better now but not fully recovered yet.

              Hey, Scott.. how ya feeling?

              -amy