OT: is nalgene a killer? Probably Not

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jjoven_49" <hoz49@h...> wrote:
      > found on a backpacking site:
      >
      > STUDIES SHOW THAT THE POPULAR WATER BOTTLE
      > MAY POSE SERIOUS HEALTH RISKS

      Subject seems a bit off topic to our hammock discussions, and the post
      is not a balanced view of the topic. It has been making the round of
      lists.

      For a review of the Sierra Club article that brought the whole topic
      up, see:

      http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/technical/snewsbpa.pdf

      My personal opinion is that this is a bunch of hubbub 'bout nothing.

      BTW, If anyone wants to get rid of their Lexan bottles, I would be
      glad to have you mail them to me.

      If we want to discuss this further, I think the Kampfire group is a
      better place to go with this.

      Rick
    • firefly
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2004
        I don't remotely care. Something is going to get each of us, eventually. No
        offense to this poster, and I have no problem with people posting stuff like
        this to the list, but I just want to state that I think it is a bunch of
        over blown BS, and even if it's not, I don't care.
        Marsanne