Pipe cot finished and used

  • Dent Alastair
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
      Finally got round to building that pipe cot in my boat. Used an old
      cotton 'net' blanket, and 'stitched' it together with 5mm shock cord.
      The blanket went right round the pipes and I stitched it underneath.

      Slept in it last night - just chucked double duvet in it, slept on one
      half with rest pulled over me.

      It worked very well - the blanket stretched a lot, but was comfy, and
      not cold against skin when legs strayed out of duvet.

      Now, if I only had the room to make a double version . . .
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
        Dent Alastair wrote:

        >Finally got round to building that pipe cot in my boat. Used an old
        >cotton 'net' blanket, and 'stitched' it together with 5mm shock cord.
        >The blanket went right round the pipes and I stitched it underneath.
        >
        >Slept in it last night - just chucked double duvet in it, slept on one
        >half with rest pulled over me.
        >
        >It worked very well - the blanket stretched a lot, but was comfy, and
        >not cold against skin when legs strayed out of duvet.
        >
        >Now, if I only had the room to make a double version . . .

        Dent,

        Pictures soon, I hope?