Re: [Hammock Camping] Clark hammocks for a thru hike?

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22 4:41 AM
      I have a Clark Deluxe and highly recommend it. I too like the side
      entry (makes for quick entry and exit), the outside pockets (not
      impressed with the inner ones), the liner, weight, ease of setup and
      takedown, different configurations possible, and the forest green
      color (truly stealthy camping). I can't compare against a HH as I
      have never slept in one. I have been checking E-bay for a couple
      years looking for a Clark for sale but have never seen one offered to
      date. I have seen HHs for sale. I would love to have another but I
      suspect other Clark owners are like me: unwilling to give up their
      Clark. Perhaps an ex-spouse will be awarded one in a divorce
      settlement and sell it one day--I figure that or an estate sale is
      the only way I will see a used Clark for sale. I see the absence of
      a Clark for sale as a testament to their reliability. One thing the
      newer ones have that mine does not is a rope at the head end of the
      hammock that you can use to pull yourself and sleeping bag back up
      toward that end should you hang a little improperly and do the
      slide. They also have a larger overhead tarp as an option.