Old Archives (Pre-2003)

  • yellowjacketlite
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
      Where did they go? I'm trying to find the message in which someone
      gave full step-by-step instructions on how to install the wrist-
      rocket bands on an HH's fly. I lost my local copy.

      I thought it was posted in 2003, but I can't find it. So, I assume
      it was a 2002 message.
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
        Hi, They are still there my young Pedawain(?) learner.
        Type in message 2496 at MSG # search. This was my
        reply to Colonelcorn76 about his post "Sling Shot
        Rubber Tubing" and has his orginal post about how to
        do it. Bill

        --- yellowjacketlite <yellowjacketlite@...>
        wrote:
        > Where did they go? I'm trying to find the message
        > in which someone
        > gave full step-by-step instructions on how to
        > install the wrist-
        > rocket bands on an HH's fly. I lost my local copy.
        >
        > I thought it was posted in 2003, but I can't find
        > it. So, I assume
        > it was a 2002 message.

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • yellowjacketlite
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
          Thanks. I know there is a longer version of the instructions as well.

          MSG 2496 is from Aug 2003. Yet if I search the Archives for "sling
          shot" I don't get any hits. Weird.

        • karens62@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
            <<Where did they go?...I thought it was posted in 2003, but I can't find it. So, I assume it was a 2002 message.>>

            Good assumption except the first message posted to the Hammock Camping List was actually in January 2003. So, there aren't any archives for 2002. Although we've communicated a heck of a lot of information, we haven't been doing it for a heck of a lot of time. The search functionality for the archives is case sensitive for some fields. Perhaps that was the problem you had with searching?

            Karen
          • Ray Garlington
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
              When you do a search, you need to keep hitting the "next" link to
              get it to keep searching. It appears to only look back about 30
              messages at a time. There are a bunch of hits prior to message 2500.

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "yellowjacketlite"
              <yellowjacketlite@y...> wrote:
              > Thanks. I know there is a longer version of the instructions as
              well.

              > MSG 2496 is from Aug 2003. Yet if I search the Archives
              for "sling
              > shot" I don't get any hits. Weird.
              >
              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill Fornshell
              > <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
              > > Hi, They are still there my young Pedawain(?) learner.
              > > Type in message 2496 at MSG # search. This was my
              > > reply to Colonelcorn76 about his post "Sling Shot
              > > Rubber Tubing" and has his orginal post about how to
              > > do it. Bill
            • yellowjacketlite
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
                <rgarling@y...> wrote:
                > When you do a search, you need to keep hitting the "next" link to
                > get it to keep searching. It appears to only look back about 30
                > messages at a time. There are a bunch of hits prior to message
                2500.

                Man the UI really sucks for searching. The next link take
                me "forward" in the list. I really need click "previous" but is is
                greyed out.
              • yellowjacketlite
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
                  You are correct. For some reason I thought this group was much
                  older. Must be thinking of the backpackinglight group which goes
                  back several years.
                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@a... wrote:
                  > Good assumption except the first message posted to the Hammock
                  Camping List was actually in January 2003. So, there aren't any
                  archives for 2002. Although we've communicated a heck of a lot of
                  information, we haven't been doing it for a heck of a lot of time.
                  The search functionality for the archives is case sensitive for some
                  fields. Perhaps that was the problem you had with searching?

                  > Karen
                • SF Nazdarovye
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
                    Exactly; "Forward" means "next set of messages" in the listings...but
                    "Forward" means "search previous block of messages" in the search
                    function.

                    It's just about the worst search implementation I've ever seen in 20
                    years of working with computers and databases.

                    On Friday, February 20, 2004, at 11:21 AM, yellowjacketlite wrote:

                    > Man the UI really sucks for searching. The next link take
                    > me "forward" in the list. I really need click "previous" but is is
                    > greyed out.
                  • yellowjacketlite
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 20, 2004
                      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, SF Nazdarovye
                      <nazdarovye@y...> wrote:
                      > It's just about the worst search implementation I've ever seen in
                      20
                      > years of working with computers and databases.
                      I just figured that out. Damn is that not the worst UI experience
                      you have ever seen?

                      BTW, message 2505 is the one I was looking for.