under quilt update long

  • subypower
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
      to all of the curious customers of mine.

      most of the under quilts are done ( 2 left ) but i cannot find my
      cross grain ribbon and elastic for the top and bottom. i ordered more
      today, i should have it wed.

      now for the update they weigh in at 7.3 ozs not including the elastic
      and ribbon loops. i should think that they should wind up at about
      9.3 ozs or so before filling ( full size 3 inch loft ones including
      shock cords ) and after filling they should should come in at about
      18 ozs including down. they measure 72 long by 40 wide, with 3 inch
      baffles tapering down to 1.5 at the side edges. which means there is
      a 68 by 36 area that will have a 2.5 to 3 inch loft. should be good
      to at least 20 degrees or lower depending on clothing ( i sleep in
      shorts ) if you go from the "standard" loft heights they should do 0
      degrees, but i dont trust those numbers. i can have pics for anybody
      who wants em, i have one that i have to stuff and i will be done that
      one this coming weekend ( i hope ) and will post pics of that one.
      and will post all of the measurements here for who ever wants to make
      there own.

      i think i will make 5 more of the 3/4 length that are sewn thru
      construction and will sell for 50 bucks, these should due 50 degrees
      and up for general use.

      sorry for the delay but i have sewn a total of 180 baffle to shell
      seams and 32 edge seams, and i needed a few days off. and now have to
      wait for elastic and ribbon.

      sorry again

      scott
      aka white knight
    • Brian MacMillin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
        DO you have a pattern you have been using?? I would LOVE to get a hold
        of it if you do. I just purchased 11oz of FF 800Fill down for $40, and
        would love to make an underquilt for my HH.

        Best Regards,
        Brian MacMillin
        OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
        Oes @ hvc.rr.com

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Patrick Harper
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
          I too might be interested in getting ahold of that...

          Sounds like you have quite the lucrative buisness going on!  I hope that you were able to make it worth your time!

          -Patrick

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2004
            Scott: Not to be a bother but a group of us guys are planning a four day excursion on the AT on 3/8/04 and was wondering if you could expedite my order shipping.  I've had my down for some time and it will take some time to complete and sew and test before then. Let me know if this is possible.  Thanks. David

            subypower <a9144me@...> wrote:
[...]

            :

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • B D

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 20, 2004

                If you knew what it was like, you would all storm the state. Best parade in
                the state, in my neighborhood, tomorrow. I have tape up, (to keep people
                from invading my lawn) and recycle bins out.
                Marsanne Queen of Spanish Town Mardi Gras, 1990 (because I misbehaved very
                badly in 1989)