R - Value

  • bronco372003
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2004
      Does anyone know or would anyone care to guess what the R Value of a
      Military poncho liner might be?? I slept in a Poncho and Liner as a
      kid camping and I think it might work well as an outside cover
      teamed with a vapor barrier (for breezy conditions of course). I got
      the cover pattern from "Risk's" website. I don't feel like messing
      around stuffing down feathers and I think this might be good to try.
      What do you all think?

      thanks, Howard
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2004
        Hi Howard, I have three newer complete Army poncho
        liners. One with a zipper sewn on to make a sleeping
        bag of sorts out of it. I also had a pull over shirt
        and pants made out of one from when I was in VN back
        in 1967. I still have all of them. I just weight one
        without the zipper and it is 19.4oz. What temperature
        do you equate to "breezy conditions"?? What else will
        you have on? Will you be using a sleeping pad and if
        yes, what kind? My hammock is hanging in my garage
        now and the temp in there is 45 degrees. Outside is 36
        degrees. Give me some more information and I might be
        able to rig something up to see how it works. Bill

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • Bror8588@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
          I think I would like to obtain an Army Poncho Liner (and Poncho), so where would I get one?

          Skylander (Jack)
        • Bill Fornshell
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
            Hi, Type "Army Poncho Liner" in the Search the Web box
            and you get 100's of places that sell them. They
            should cost $30 to $40. Bill