Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock + Candle Lantern = ?

  • Bill Fornshell
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 9, 2004
      Hi Dan, Yes, I would like to get one to play with.
      Does the store there mail order stuff. If yes, do you
      just want to email me direct there contact
      information? If not how do you want to do this?
      Thanks. Bill

    • Risk
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 9, 2004
        I've also been reading the posts about using a candle to help heat a
        hammock camper.

        With my limited experience, this seems like a very very very bad idea.
        There are lots of ways to stay warm without introducing an ignition
        source in a non-fire-retardant sleep system.

        You know not to smoke in the hammock. I just had to post this about
        candles BEFORE one of you catches your hammock on fire. Please don't
        try a candle in/under your hammock to stay warm. If you do, please
        don't post pictures afterward.

        Rick
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 9, 2004
          I agree. There are much safer ways to heat, or rather, stay warm by
          limiting heat loss.