Hammock Camping Re: Does anyone have a decent pic of snakeskins in use w/ HH??

  • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Reilly" <reillyss@r...> wrote:
      > Thanks SGT. You always do a nice job on your explanation pictures.
      > By the way, did you know you can get almost the exact poncho
      mentioned on your web site (your ID Sil Poncho $70) from Campmor for
      $45? Campmor's doesn't have the drawstring around the bottom but
      they claim theirs weighs 8.5 oz (that's a total savings of 1.5 oz and
      $25 for us gram weenies and tightwads)
      > KR

      Funny you should bring that up KR, I'm trying out an older, nyon
      version of the Campmor backpackers poncho as an under hammock
      solution to hold my insulating "stuff" right now - with all proper
      kudos going to the fine folks here on this list which helped inspire
      it I might add!

      I'll keep everyone posted on progress!

      Tim
    • Ernest Engman
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2003

        The big difference is mine has a diagonal ridgeline that gives it strength where it needs it when used with the A-Sym. Other than that, maybe just that mine is a little bigger.

        Ernest Engman

        AKA SGT Rock

        sgtrock@...

        http://hikinghq.net

        Thanks SGT.  You always do a nice job on your explanation pictures.

        By the way, did you know you can get almost the exact  poncho mentioned on your web site (your ID Sil Poncho $70) from Campmor for $45?  Campmor's doesn't have the drawstring around the bottom but they claim theirs weighs 8.5 oz (that's a total savings of 1.5 oz and $25 for us gram weenies and tightwads)

        KR

        I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks to
        use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
        Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

        SGT Rock

      • Reilly
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7, 2003
          Hey, Sarge.
          Your fine Alabama education shines through on your stellar website.  Many thanks for your excellent contribution to those of us with less than an AL education.
          Respectfully,
          KR
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2003
            Glad you called him on that Reilly. Reminds me of the old joke. Why
            did god make Mississippi? So Alabama wouldn't be last in everything.
            Truthfully an education from anywhere is mostly dependent on the
            person. And I can't stand someone with a bunch of degrees who thinks
            they are smarter than everyone else. They may be but they don't have
            to act so smug.

            Coy Boy

            wrote:
            > Hey, Sarge.
            > Your fine Alabama education shines through on your stellar
            website. Many thanks for your excellent contribution to those of us
            with less than an AL education.
            > Respectfully,
            > KR

            Service.
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 7, 2003
                Message

                Thanks y’all, but it is just a web site, Ed has two and a book :D

                BTW all, I was wondering if there is something that you would like to see covered about hammock camping that hasn’t been done, or done fully. I keep thinking there has to be something, but then again, hammock camping is pretty KISS for the most part. Between the few web sources and Ed’s book, it is pretty much explained to all.

                Ernest Engman

                AKA SGT Rock

                sgtrock@...

                http://hikinghq.net