Re: [Hammock Camping]

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
      > Recently purchased a Hennessy Expedition ASYM. Interested to learn tricks
      in
      > using the hammock and techniques for cold weather camping. I am a Boy
      Scout
      > leader and will take it into the field for the first time in mid-March.

      Hello Tom...

      We need to put together a links resource for new people...

      Here's mine:

      www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hthh.htm

      www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/whyhammock.htm

      You will also want to subscribe to the hammockcamping newsletter:

      www.hammockcamping.com

      Risk? Ray? Everybody? Add 'em on...

      Shane (not Mirage)
    • Bill Fornshell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
        Hi, I would say that if new members or any member
        took a little time to read some of the back messages
        they would answer most of there own questions. But I
        guess doing something on ones own is old fashion. Bill

        --- Shane <shane@...> wrote:
        > > Recently purchased a Hennessy Expedition ASYM.
        > Interested to learn tricks
        > in
        > > using the hammock and techniques for cold weather
        > camping. I am a Boy
        > Scout
        > > leader and will take it into the field for the
        > first time in mid-March.
        >
        > Hello Tom...
        >
        > We need to put together a links resource for new
        > people...
        >
        > Here's mine:

        www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hthh.htm

        www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/whyhammock.htm

        > You will also want to subscribe to the
        > hammockcamping newsletter:
        >
        > www.hammockcamping.com
        >
        > Risk? Ray? Everybody? Add 'em on...
        >
        > Shane (not Mirage)

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • Shane
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
          > Hi, I would say that if new members or any member
          > took a little time to read some of the back messages
          > they would answer most of there own questions. But I
          > guess doing something on ones own is old fashion. Bill

          Well, I was thinking about putting together a link resource for the newbies,
          but there already is one...

          http://www.hammockcamping.com/Links/Links.htm

          Shane
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
            Thanks Shane...Ed
            Moderator, Hammock Camping-L http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
              No, thank YOU.

              Shane

              > Thanks Shane...Ed
              > Moderator, Hammock Camping-L http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping
            • Kickass Quilts
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 20, 2006
                I think one of Barbi-Elizabeth's problems meeting women might be that his name is kind of on the feminine side.

                Patrick McKenna
                Kickass Quilts
                "Keeping you warm underneath"
                On the web at: