RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHH Tarp **Custom tarp orders**

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 2, 2004

      Brian, you’re going to make mine wider than that, right? Folks, the reason I want it wider is I want a place to hang out for awhile, cook, sit in a chair, jump up and down, scratch, belch, peek out at the rain, play with gear, <G> etc, in case I get stranded in one of these rain storms like we’re in right now, for a couple of days.

      I talked to Brian on the phone Saturday. Nice young man, sounds like he knows what he is doing. I predict he will soon be covered up with orders. To think, he is only two years older than my little adorable brat nephew who drives me crazy..

      Marsanne

      The width is whatever you want it to be, but most people have asked for
      42", which is a good tradeoff between weight, hammock protection, and
      space underneath the hammock. With a 42" fly, there is some space
      underneath, but not enough to have someone sleep underneath.

      Best Regards,
      Brian MacMillin
      OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
      oes@...

    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>