[Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHH Tarp **Custom tarp orders**

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1, 2004
      Brian,
      Not to give you any kind of ego here but I love how motivated you
      are. Ambitious teenager is all too often an oximoron!!! Keep up the
      good work, your college life will be much more enjoyable becuase of
      your efforts now. (speaking as someone who worked two jobs while in
      college)

      Two questions, 1. Of what material is the HH Hex Catenary fly made?
      2. You said it's 130" long but what is the width?

      Thanks,
      Jamie in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "brian_goatqaz123"
      <Save_the_Goats213@h...> wrote:
      > I can custom make you any size tarp that you would like for the HH.
      > I am the Brian that Dave mentioned, an ambitious 16 year old who
      > makes ultralight outdoor gear! I can make you any size, including
      my
      > now famous. The weight of this fly is approx.
      > 11.5oz with the included stuff sack. Its 130" long, and gives very
      > nice protection for the HH. I used it for 2 two week long section
      > hikes this summer (verry wet), and it worked great!
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/yr4fl
      >
      > That is a picture of my latest HH fly, complete with nylon tieouts,
      > complete webbing reinforcement of the perimeter, and catenary cut
      > sides. Sgt Rock has ordered one! Cost is $80 including shipping,
      > which is less than the $85 plus shipping that campmor charges for
      > their 10x12 tarp. My Hex Fly also weighs a full half pound less,
      and
      > offers better wind resistance through the catenary curves. Its also
      > a nicer color (silver grey), which lets lots of light through.
      >
      > I currently have 3 orders for these tarps, and would love to have
      > more. Support small cottage industries instead of huge
      corperations.
      > I am saving up for college (im a sophmore in HS), and every penny
      > counts. Thank you for your time and most importantly, make sure you
      > get out and hike!
      >
      > Brian MacMillin
      > OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
      > oes"at"hvc.rr.com
    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>