Sgt Rock's Hammock Pages! Wow!

  • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
      Ernest,

      Good afternoon.

      I followed the link to find out what the snake skins were all about.
      I had previously been to several parts of your pages, but not all the
      way into the hammock pages. Great work. I appreciate the time you
      spent to take pictures and share your experience.

      I also took the rabbit trail to see what you said about setting up in
      the rain without snake skins.

      As I saw you sitting there and imagined you on a bit of a wet day, I
      went out and cut a little scrap of rescued Tyveck about 12 x 20
      inches and crumpled it 5 or six times. Purpose: to sit on in the
      snow or on wet ground or on a tree trunk. I had learned this little
      trick years ago from the AF survival techs, but had nearly forgotten
      it. When I brought the little rectangle into work today to weigh it,
      it came to 20 grams. I stuffed it into an outside mesh pocket on my
      rucksack. I think it will come in hand for all the above, and also
      for putting on the ground so I can stand up and retrieve my shoes
      without getting socks wet in the morning...

      Rick
    • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman
        <ebengman@h...>" <ebengman@h...> wrote:
        > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks
        > use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
        > Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html
        >
        > SGT Rock

        thanks Sarge, that answered a lot of questions.
      • Ernest Engman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
          Thanks. I try.

          Ernest Engman

[...]