RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHH Tarp **Custom tarp orders**

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 30, 2004

      OK Brian, I am interested. I assume (hope) you’re in school today, so get in touch with me, ASAP, when you get out. I need this thing SOON because I have another hike in about a week. Contact me directly via email, please, and put something like “from Brian” or “custom tarp” in the heading. If you can get it to me quickly, you’ve got a deal. I think you sound adorable, and wish I had a 16 year old daughter to match you up with (this is the way middle aged women talk, honey, get used to it). With your attitude and skills, you’ll probably be retired by the time you’re my age. I would LOVE to give my money to you instead of Campmor, but I have only a few weeks off before I go back to work and need to make the most of the timeBy the way, I have a large HH, the Explorer Ultralite A-Sym. I want the largest tarp it can take, in order to make an awning under which to hang out, cook, etc, in case I get stranded for a long time in a rainstorm.

      Marsanne (in Baton Rouge)

      ·         I can custom make you any size tarp that you would like for the HH.
      I am the Brian that Dave mentioned, an ambitious 16 year old who
      makes ultralight outdoor gear! I can make you any size, including my
      now famous HH Hex Catenary fly. The weight of this fly is approx.
      11.5oz with the included stuff sack. Its 130" long, and gives very
      nice protection for the HH. I used it for 2 two week long section
      hikes this summer (verry wet), and it worked great!

      http://tinyurl.com/yr4fl

      That is a picture of my latest HH fly, complete with nylon tieouts,
      complete webbing reinforcement of the perimeter, and catenary cut
      sides. Sgt Rock has ordered one! Cost is $80 including shipping,
      which is less than the $85 plus shipping that campmor charges for
      their 10x12 tarp. My Hex Fly also weighs a full half pound less, and
      offers better wind resistance through the catenary curves. Its also
      a nicer color (silver grey), which lets lots of light through.

      I currently have 3 orders for these tarps, and would love to have
      more. Support small cottage industries instead of huge corperations.
      I am saving up for college (im a sophmore in HS), and every penny
      counts. Thank you for your time and most importantly, make sure you
      get out and hike!

      Brian MacMillin
      OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
      oes"at"hvc.rr.com
      .

    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>