Re: [Hammock Camping] wallcreeper

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
      <<When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are
      always thrown into the wrap....They had this little silnylon sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. >>

      Bob,

      That's a great idea - very similiar to some of the sil nylon bear bag rope bags out there. I also saw on some website recently the same idea but using the net bags you can buy onions or oranges in.

      Personally, I just prefer to use Spectra cord for my lines and tieouts. That stuff is just amazing! I love showing people how you can smush all six tarp lines into a ball, rub it around and then pick a single line and pull it right out of the tangle. The typical reaction is "Cool!"

      You can get Spectra from Ed or many marine supply stores like West Marine carry it.

      Karen
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
        I got mine from www.altrec.com.