[Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHH Tarp **Custom tarp orders**

  • brian_goatqaz123
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 29, 2004
      I can also make custom tarp orders of any size, shape, or kind out
      of silnylon as well. Email me @ oes"at"hvc.rr.com for details on
      pricing.

      Brian MacMillin
      OutdoorEquipmentSupplier

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "brian_goatqaz123"
      <Save_the_Goats213@h...> wrote:
      > I can custom make you any size tarp that you would like for the
      HH.
      > I am the Brian that Dave mentioned, an ambitious 16 year old who
      > makes ultralight outdoor gear! I can make you any size, including
      my
      > now famous HH Hex Catenary fly. The weight of this fly is approx.
      > 11.5oz with the included stuff sack. Its 130" long, and gives very
      > nice protection for the HH. I used it for 2 two week long section
      > hikes this summer (verry wet), and it worked great!
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/yr4fl
      >
      > That is a picture of my latest HH fly, complete with nylon
      tieouts,
      > complete webbing reinforcement of the perimeter, and catenary cut
      > sides. Sgt Rock has ordered one! Cost is $80 including shipping,
      > which is less than the $85 plus shipping that campmor charges for
      > their 10x12 tarp. My Hex Fly also weighs a full half pound less,
      and
      > offers better wind resistance through the catenary curves. Its
      also
      > a nicer color (silver grey), which lets lots of light through.
      >
      > I currently have 3 orders for these tarps, and would love to have
      > more. Support small cottage industries instead of huge
      corperations.
      > I am saving up for college (im a sophmore in HS), and every penny
      > counts. Thank you for your time and most importantly, make sure
      you
      > get out and hike!
      >
      > Brian MacMillin
      > OutdoorEquipmentSupplier
      > oes"at"hvc.rr.com
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "firefly" <firefly@e...>
      > wrote:
      > > I'm looking for a replacement for the HH tarp. So this means I
      > need the 10
      > > by 12. Thanks!
      > > Marsanne

    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>