Light Racer

  • simva4040
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      Yesterday recieved the Light Racer from HH....strung it up and began
      the comparison with the Backpacker A-sym. The 11oz. weight savings is
      immediately impressed upon the mind as is the lighter weight bottom
      material. What surprised me most was that after lying in the Racer it
      felt as if it was actually larger than the Backpacker A-sym! I was
      not impressed with the fact that the tarp is semi-perman. attached to
      the hammock body (I say semi because with scissors in hand it would
      take maybe 5 seconds to remedy the problem)...but this tarp seems to
      fit better than the OEM tarp ever did with the Backpacker yet both
      hammocks and both flys are assymetrical.....
      An HH employee e-mailed to make sure I knew what I was getting before
      she would ship it. Now having it in hand I am thinking that with a
      modicum of common sense in its use it should last many seasons/hikes.
      The 11oz. savings nicely offsets the larger tarp I am carrying and
      now I'm even rethinking that so I really can net 11oz of carry weight
      throughout...now what could I carry with the 11oz savings?
      Summation: for 21oz. this is a sweet shelter!