Re: wallcreeper

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2004
      What no weight, wouldn't that add at least .0002 oz to the pack
      mass :]

      Ralph

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "bobmac18704"
      <BOBMACDOWELL@W...> wrote:
      > I've been searching the exped.com site to purchase this sleeping
      bag. I covered the entire site (i think) and found nowhere to
      purchase one. No links, no dealers, no buy now, no nothing. Does
      anybody know where to purchase one. I did notice on their site a
      good tip for the tie out lines on the hennessey or any other
      hammock. When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are
      always thrown into the wrap. This works fine but for the hammock
      efficienotto their's a better way. They had this little silnylon
      sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom
      corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. Leave the
      bag on the line permanently. When you store the line you turn the
      bag inside out, slip your three fingers into the bag. Wind the
      string around the bag with your three fingers in it. Then pull the
      bag right side out. Bingo a nice litle package. You could do this to
      all six lines. Their was also some kind of little flap on the
      opening of the bag to keep the line from falling out. Just thought
      i'd throw that into the stew.
    • Chet Clocksin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2004

        Try the link above

        Chet
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
          <<When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are
          always thrown into the wrap....They had this little silnylon sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. >>

          Bob,

          That's a great idea - very similiar to some of the sil nylon bear bag rope bags out there. I also saw on some website recently the same idea but using the net bags you can buy onions or oranges in.

          Personally, I just prefer to use Spectra cord for my lines and tieouts. That stuff is just amazing! I love showing people how you can smush all six tarp lines into a ball, rub it around and then pick a single line and pull it right out of the tangle. The typical reaction is "Cool!"

          You can get Spectra from Ed or many marine supply stores like West Marine carry it.

          Karen
        • David Chinell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
            I got mine from www.altrec.com.