wallcreeper

  • bobmac18704
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2004
      I've been searching the exped.com site to purchase this sleeping bag. I covered the entire site (i think) and found nowhere to purchase one. No links, no dealers, no buy now, no nothing. Does anybody know where to purchase one. I did notice on their site a good tip for the tie out lines on the hennessey or any other hammock. When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are always thrown into the wrap. This works fine but for the hammock efficienotto their's a better way. They had this little silnylon sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. Leave the bag on the line permanently. When you store the line you turn the bag inside out, slip your three fingers into the bag. Wind the string around the bag with your three fingers in it. Then pull the bag right side out. Bingo a nice litle package. You could do this to all six lines. Their was also some kind of little flap on the opening of the bag to keep the line from falling out. Just thought i'd throw that into the stew.
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2004
        What no weight, wouldn't that add at least .0002 oz to the pack
        mass :]

        Ralph

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "bobmac18704"
        <BOBMACDOWELL@W...> wrote:
        > I've been searching the exped.com site to purchase this sleeping
        bag. I covered the entire site (i think) and found nowhere to
        purchase one. No links, no dealers, no buy now, no nothing. Does
        anybody know where to purchase one. I did notice on their site a
        good tip for the tie out lines on the hennessey or any other
        hammock. When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are
        always thrown into the wrap. This works fine but for the hammock
        efficienotto their's a better way. They had this little silnylon
        sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom
        corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. Leave the
        bag on the line permanently. When you store the line you turn the
        bag inside out, slip your three fingers into the bag. Wind the
        string around the bag with your three fingers in it. Then pull the
        bag right side out. Bingo a nice litle package. You could do this to
        all six lines. Their was also some kind of little flap on the
        opening of the bag to keep the line from falling out. Just thought
        i'd throw that into the stew.
      • Chet Clocksin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2004

          Try the link above

          Chet
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
            <<When you roll up your hammock and store it the lines are
            always thrown into the wrap....They had this little silnylon sack about 2 1/2 in.X 2 1/2 in. You poke a hole in the 2 bottom corners and run the line through the bottom of the bag. >>

            Bob,

            That's a great idea - very similiar to some of the sil nylon bear bag rope bags out there. I also saw on some website recently the same idea but using the net bags you can buy onions or oranges in.

            Personally, I just prefer to use Spectra cord for my lines and tieouts. That stuff is just amazing! I love showing people how you can smush all six tarp lines into a ball, rub it around and then pick a single line and pull it right out of the tangle. The typical reaction is "Cool!"

            You can get Spectra from Ed or many marine supply stores like West Marine carry it.

            Karen
          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
              I got mine from www.altrec.com.