RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHHTarp

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 28, 2004

      8 by 10?  They’re saying 10 by 12. You think that 12 feet lengthwise is too long for the HH? I was going to order a 10 by 12 from either Campmor or Brawny, hang it on the long rectangle, leaving me the option of 5 feet of luxurious tarp room on either side. But now, these detail guys <G> have taken this into discussing building things, and centenary shapes, etc, none of which interests me in the least because I am swamped setting up my new business, and I am still unpacking governor’s office stuff. I just want to know which dang tarp to order. I think my HH is a tad longer than yours. You have the Ultralight backpacker, I think.

      Marsanne

      Marsanne, when I did a week up at Sipsey, I used an 8 X 10 tarp just as you described. I went through several stormy nights and a few windy days. It's great to have a place to get in out of the rain without having to lay down. It also gave me a place to put all my gear. I brought a small piece of tyvek to lay everything on.

      Kim

    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>