Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: ReplacingHHTarp

  • Kim Muller
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 28, 2004
      Marsanne, when I did a week up at Sipsey, I used an 8 X 10 tarp just as you described. I went through several stormy nights and a few windy days. It's great to have a place to get in out of the rain without having to lay down. It also gave me a place to put all my gear. I brought a small piece of tyvek to lay everything on.
      Kim

      To the ridgeline. The HH has these neat little glove hooks. However, I want the option of running a separate ridgeline above the HH, in warmer weather, and putting the tarp there so I can spread it out and have a BIG, high awning. This would seem to be especially neato in a rain storm. In EdÂ’s book, there are some great examples of how to use a B I G tarp to many advantages. Dave Womble also told me how cool it is to be able to do that.

      Marsanne

    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>