RE: Hammock Camping Re: Does anyone have a decent pic of snakeskins in use w/ HH??

  • Marge Prothman
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
      Hey Thanks Sgt.Rock
      I liked your pictures, they were great, I also learned something. I often
      wondered which end my feet are going to be when I put up the hammock, it
      never occurred to me just to mark it on my snakeskins or someplace.

      For me the Snakeskins are really easy to put on, and I just never take them
      off, I think the people who have found them to be a pain, were people who
      did not get the correct size to start with, then yes, if they are not big
      enough to slide over the hammock, they could be a pain.

      Cheers,

      Marge [The Old Gal]
      http://www.prothman.org/marge
    • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
        Ernest,

        Good afternoon.

        I followed the link to find out what the snake skins were all about.
        I had previously been to several parts of your pages, but not all the
        way into the hammock pages. Great work. I appreciate the time you
        spent to take pictures and share your experience.

        I also took the rabbit trail to see what you said about setting up in
        the rain without snake skins.

        As I saw you sitting there and imagined you on a bit of a wet day, I
        went out and cut a little scrap of rescued Tyveck about 12 x 20
        inches and crumpled it 5 or six times. Purpose: to sit on in the
        snow or on wet ground or on a tree trunk. I had learned this little
        trick years ago from the AF survival techs, but had nearly forgotten
        it. When I brought the little rectangle into work today to weigh it,
        it came to 20 grams. I stuffed it into an outside mesh pocket on my
        rucksack. I think it will come in hand for all the above, and also
        for putting on the ground so I can stand up and retrieve my shoes
        without getting socks wet in the morning...

        Rick
      • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman
          <ebengman@h...>" <ebengman@h...> wrote:
          > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks
          > use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
          > Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html
          >
          > SGT Rock

          thanks Sarge, that answered a lot of questions.
        • Ernest Engman
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
            Thanks. I try.

            Ernest Engman

[...]