Re: [Hammock Camping] ReplacingHHTarp

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 27, 2004
      Jay Willis wrote:
      > I like to use a 10'x10' silnylon tarp. By using a square tarp it doesn't
      > matter which side is which. If it's particularly rainy I'll suspend it
      > diagonally above my hammock on a separate ridgeline - requires only two
      > stakes.

      I use a 10 x 10 tarp frequently, but would not hang it diagonally. It
      would be more than 14 feet from corner to corner, requiring a pair of
      trees that are much further apart than needed by the hammock.

      An 8x8 tarp will be a little over 11 feet from corner to corner, which
      would be a better (IMHO) distance if I wanted to use a diamond shaped
      tarp.

      Rick
    • chcoa
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2004
        Oh, gotcha. That makes way more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

        Jamie in AZ

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian MacMillin" <oes@h...>