Shuttle (Nantahala Outdoor Center to Springer)

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
      I'm in the early stages of planning my yearly AT section hike, and
      would like to go from Springer to the NOS this time. Planning to
      start on April 23rd. Does anyone know someone who does a shuttle
      between those two points? Anybody think they might want to go?
      Generally, my hiking partner & I average around 13-14 miles per day.
      (This segment is about 135 miles)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
        Hi Ray, hope you find a shuttle. Otherwise do plan to stop by the Rainbow
        Springs Campground near Wallace Gap on the AT--this is a popular re-supply
        spot and I will be working there at the new Mountain Crossings Outpost
        store! Will be demo-ing hammocks throughout Mar and April! The Outpost is
        a new seasonal oufitter store operated by Winton Porter (The Neels Gap
        Outfitter). I look forward to meetng you...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping-L
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

      • Risk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2004
          <rgarling@y...> wrote:
          > I'm in the early stages of planning my yearly AT section hike, and
          > would like to go from Springer to the NOS this time. Planning to
          > start on April 23rd. Does anyone know someone who does a shuttle
          > between those two points? Anybody think they might want to go?
          > Generally, my hiking partner & I average around 13-14 miles per day.
          > (This segment is about 135 miles)

          Even better, the shuttle list is now on the net:

          http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hike/pdfs/ATshuttle_11-24-03.pdf

          Rick
        • robbstanek
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2004
            Try Ga-adventures.com, I know they do shuttles, Maybe he can arrange
            a special ride.