Re: Does anyone have a decent pic of snakeskins in use w/ HH??

  • Ernest Engman <ebengman@hikinghq.net>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
      I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks to
      use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
      Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

      SGT Rock

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7 <tcoug7@a...>"
      <tcoug7@a...> wrote:
      > If you do, could you please post.
      > I've yet to find a decent pic. Reviews are either they are the
      > greatest thing since sliced bread or just a pain.
      >
      > I'd like to see how they work before I purchase them.
      >

      > A picture is worth a thousand words....
      >
      > Thanks..Tim
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
        > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennessey
        > Hammocks to use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of
        > snakeskins on my Ultralight A-Sym:
        http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

        > SGT Rock

        Great page Sarge. I just took a bunch of pictures this last weekend showing
        my preferred use of them. They really are great!

        BTW, in item #4, you have "Pull the sleeves back to revel the hammock, if
        you packed it right, only the fly will be exposed - keeping the hammock part
        dry." While I revel in my hammock, I think in this context you mean
        'reveal'.

        Shane
      • Marge Prothman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
          Hey Thanks Sgt.Rock
          I liked your pictures, they were great, I also learned something. I often
          wondered which end my feet are going to be when I put up the hammock, it
          never occurred to me just to mark it on my snakeskins or someplace.

          For me the Snakeskins are really easy to put on, and I just never take them
          off, I think the people who have found them to be a pain, were people who
          did not get the correct size to start with, then yes, if they are not big
          enough to slide over the hammock, they could be a pain.

          Cheers,

          Marge [The Old Gal]
          http://www.prothman.org/marge
        • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
            Ernest,

            Good afternoon.

            I followed the link to find out what the snake skins were all about.
            I had previously been to several parts of your pages, but not all the
            way into the hammock pages. Great work. I appreciate the time you
            spent to take pictures and share your experience.

            I also took the rabbit trail to see what you said about setting up in
            the rain without snake skins.

            As I saw you sitting there and imagined you on a bit of a wet day, I
            went out and cut a little scrap of rescued Tyveck about 12 x 20
            inches and crumpled it 5 or six times. Purpose: to sit on in the
            snow or on wet ground or on a tree trunk. I had learned this little
            trick years ago from the AF survival techs, but had nearly forgotten
            it. When I brought the little rectangle into work today to weigh it,
            it came to 20 grams. I stuffed it into an outside mesh pocket on my
            rucksack. I think it will come in hand for all the above, and also
            for putting on the ground so I can stand up and retrieve my shoes
            without getting socks wet in the morning...

            Rick
          • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman
              <ebengman@h...>" <ebengman@h...> wrote:
              > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks
              > use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
              > Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html
              >
              > SGT Rock

              thanks Sarge, that answered a lot of questions.
            • Ernest Engman
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                Thanks. I try.

                Ernest Engman

[...]