HH Extreme Light Racer Assym

  • biker135803 <pjbucca@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003
      Greg,
      I am unfamiliar with the Extreme Light Racer Assym and probably
      dont want to be since I may be forced to add it to my collection of 3
      HH's. With regards to your question concerning the weather resisting
      ability of the Adventure Racer (AR), the majority of my HH expertise
      is with the original HH and the Ultralight Back Packer Assym. I have
      had no actual rain days in the AR. However, my guess is that the AR
      is no better or worse than the Ultralight Backpacker Assym judging
      from qualitative observations of how the fly covers both hammocks
      while occupied. To keep dry in a driving rain in a HH, you must guy
      the fly as vertical to the ground as possible while keeping the body
      of the fly off the no-see-um netting. I know from experience that if
      the silnylon fly touches the no-see-um you are in big
      trouble.
      Also, I have had no experience with HH ground setups, however
      you may have to detach the "permanently attached" fly by untieing the
      knots where they attach to the hammock guy. Can anyone else who has
      more experience help on these questions?
      Paul