Re: HH Canopy Setup Question

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2004
      Mark

      Try pulling the sides out tight before applying tension on the
      prussik of the ridge line. But forget about eliminating the slight
      sag in the ridge line unless you move the fly to an independent
      ridge line. I have considered doing just that. 2 benifits, 1-
      could set up fly before getting hammock out, potentially kepping it
      dryer. 2-could set up fly without hammock for getting supper
      prepared and eat keeping cooking odors away from hammock body.
      I doubt if the nonpourus fly will absorb as much odor as the hammock
      body and netting. However such a set up will most likely be a
      little higher from the hammock so blowing wind could enter. This
      would probably work best with a bigger fly. So try the side
      tightning first. BTW I've slept in several rains including on night
      with 3 inches. This was in my original (when it rained all night for
      3 inches). I had started the night in my Crazy Crib LX but the top
      seam of the fly leaked like a sive. i later seamsealed theCC fly
      and now it is ok. FWIW So far in rain I'v only had a little
      moisture build up on the netting but never gotten the body wet
      enought to be a bother to me or wet my bag. I have had condensation
      wet my bag on nights with no rain.

      Coy Boy
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "rxhoop2002" <rxhoop@d...>