Re: Hammock Pants

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2004
      Nice concept. But now you need a "hammock shirt" as well. Try making
      a shorter version of the pants out of breathable material (so you
      don't suffocate yourself or drown in condensation) and mounting it
      from the other end of the hammock. Then you could climb in, pull the
      pants up from the bottom and the shirt down from the top. Maybe they
      could attach together with velcro or tie to different points on a
      ridgeline with some overlap. Alot like Shane's tube tent, but easier
      to enter and secure once you're inside.

      Though the foot problem I think may be related to feet sticking up and
      perhaps either catching more wind or crushing the insulation just
      above the toes in the sleeping bag. Maybe foot insulation that hung
      down from a ridgeline so it couldn't be crushed... I tried adding a
      tie point above the toes on my hammock bivy to prevent this, but
      haven't tested it yet.

      Deb