Re: Hammock Camping Does anyone have a decent pic of snakeskins in use w/ HH??

  • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2003
      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > Tim:
      >
      > I've got three photos that show them in use, but they're
      > 144K each. I'd rather send them to you than post them. Is
      > that okay?
      >
      > Bear

      That would be fine Bear, Thanks!

      Tim
    • Ernest Engman <ebengman@hikinghq.net>
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
        I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks to
        use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
        Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

        SGT Rock

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7 <tcoug7@a...>"
        <tcoug7@a...> wrote:
        > If you do, could you please post.
        > I've yet to find a decent pic. Reviews are either they are the
        > greatest thing since sliced bread or just a pain.
        >
        > I'd like to see how they work before I purchase them.
        >

        > A picture is worth a thousand words....
        >
        > Thanks..Tim
      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
          > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennessey
          > Hammocks to use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of
          > snakeskins on my Ultralight A-Sym:
          http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

          > SGT Rock

          Great page Sarge. I just took a bunch of pictures this last weekend showing
          my preferred use of them. They really are great!

          BTW, in item #4, you have "Pull the sleeves back to revel the hammock, if
          you packed it right, only the fly will be exposed - keeping the hammock part
          dry." While I revel in my hammock, I think in this context you mean
          'reveal'.

          Shane
        • Marge Prothman
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
            Hey Thanks Sgt.Rock
            I liked your pictures, they were great, I also learned something. I often
            wondered which end my feet are going to be when I put up the hammock, it
            never occurred to me just to mark it on my snakeskins or someplace.

            For me the Snakeskins are really easy to put on, and I just never take them
            off, I think the people who have found them to be a pain, were people who
            did not get the correct size to start with, then yes, if they are not big
            enough to slide over the hammock, they could be a pain.

            Cheers,

            Marge [The Old Gal]
            http://www.prothman.org/marge
          • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
              Ernest,

              Good afternoon.

              I followed the link to find out what the snake skins were all about.
              I had previously been to several parts of your pages, but not all the
              way into the hammock pages. Great work. I appreciate the time you
              spent to take pictures and share your experience.

              I also took the rabbit trail to see what you said about setting up in
              the rain without snake skins.

              As I saw you sitting there and imagined you on a bit of a wet day, I
              went out and cut a little scrap of rescued Tyveck about 12 x 20
              inches and crumpled it 5 or six times. Purpose: to sit on in the
              snow or on wet ground or on a tree trunk. I had learned this little
              trick years ago from the AF survival techs, but had nearly forgotten
              it. When I brought the little rectangle into work today to weigh it,
              it came to 20 grams. I stuffed it into an outside mesh pocket on my
              rucksack. I think it will come in hand for all the above, and also
              for putting on the ground so I can stand up and retrieve my shoes
              without getting socks wet in the morning...

              Rick
            • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman
                <ebengman@h...>" <ebengman@h...> wrote:
                > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks
                > use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
                > Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html
                >
                > SGT Rock

                thanks Sarge, that answered a lot of questions.
              • Ernest Engman
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                  Thanks. I try.

                  Ernest Engman

[...]