Re: Hammock Camping Does anyone have a decent pic of snakeskins in use w/ HH??

  • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2003
      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > Tim:
      >
      > I've got three photos that show them in use, but they're
      > 144K each. I'd rather send them to you than post them. Is
      > that okay?
      >
      > Bear

      That would be fine Bear, Thanks!

      Tim
    • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2003

      • Ernest Engman <ebengman@hikinghq.net>
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
          I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks to
          use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
          Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

          SGT Rock

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7 <tcoug7@a...>"
          <tcoug7@a...> wrote:
          > If you do, could you please post.
          > I've yet to find a decent pic. Reviews are either they are the
          > greatest thing since sliced bread or just a pain.
          >
          > I'd like to see how they work before I purchase them.
          >

          > A picture is worth a thousand words....
          >
          > Thanks..Tim
        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
            > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennessey
            > Hammocks to use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of
            > snakeskins on my Ultralight A-Sym:
            http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html

            > SGT Rock

            Great page Sarge. I just took a bunch of pictures this last weekend showing
            my preferred use of them. They really are great!

            BTW, in item #4, you have "Pull the sleeves back to revel the hammock, if
            you packed it right, only the fly will be exposed - keeping the hammock part
            dry." While I revel in my hammock, I think in this context you mean
            'reveal'.

            Shane
          • Marge Prothman
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
              Hey Thanks Sgt.Rock
              I liked your pictures, they were great, I also learned something. I often
              wondered which end my feet are going to be when I put up the hammock, it
              never occurred to me just to mark it on my snakeskins or someplace.

              For me the Snakeskins are really easy to put on, and I just never take them
              off, I think the people who have found them to be a pain, were people who
              did not get the correct size to start with, then yes, if they are not big
              enough to slide over the hammock, they could be a pain.

              Cheers,

              Marge [The Old Gal]
              http://www.prothman.org/marge
            • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                Ernest,

                Good afternoon.

                I followed the link to find out what the snake skins were all about.
                I had previously been to several parts of your pages, but not all the
                way into the hammock pages. Great work. I appreciate the time you
                spent to take pictures and share your experience.

                I also took the rabbit trail to see what you said about setting up in
                the rain without snake skins.

                As I saw you sitting there and imagined you on a bit of a wet day, I
                went out and cut a little scrap of rescued Tyveck about 12 x 20
                inches and crumpled it 5 or six times. Purpose: to sit on in the
                snow or on wet ground or on a tree trunk. I had learned this little
                trick years ago from the AF survival techs, but had nearly forgotten
                it. When I brought the little rectangle into work today to weigh it,
                it came to 20 grams. I stuffed it into an outside mesh pocket on my
                rucksack. I think it will come in hand for all the above, and also
                for putting on the ground so I can stand up and retrieve my shoes
                without getting socks wet in the morning...

                Rick
              • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ernest Engman
                  <ebengman@h...>" <ebengman@h...> wrote:
                  > I love the snake skins and have retrofit all my Hennesse Hammocks
                  > use the Snakeskins. Here is a pic of snakeskins on my Ultralight A-
                  > Sym: http://hikinghq.net/gear/hennessey_assym_hammock3.html
                  >
                  > SGT Rock

                  thanks Sarge, that answered a lot of questions.
                • Ernest Engman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
                    Thanks. I try.

                    Ernest Engman

[...]