Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Air bladder for warmth?

  • Randy Saylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2004

      >Has anyone tried bubble wrap? I have a paddling buddy who uses it
      as
      a sleep pad on our canoe trips. Lightweight and inexpensive.

      I have been thinking along this line too. However bubble wrap big enough to secure on the underside of the hammock would result in a huge volume for packing. A light weight plastic pad that could be blown up - like a lightweight version of a thermarest - that is purpose built for the underside of a hammock might have excellent insulating properties.

      It would have to either seamed into tubes or baffled so that it would maintain a flat profile. I bet nothing like this exists at the present time. I am not thinking this would be good enough for winter but it might be great for the shoulder seasons.

      Randy