Re: boat hammock

  • mindrehab248
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 7, 2004
      > From the web photos, their hammocks do look quite curved - not sure
      > about the sleeping position.

      I know several people who are comfortable on their sides. Back
      sleeping is apparently pretty good, too, especially if you put a
      rolled up towel or a smallish pillow behind your knees.

      > No response to email - hope they haven't closed down or something.

      Try calling them. 1-866-223-3371 They (esp. Sophia) might have some
      ideas to help keep it stabilized, too.

      Patrick
    • alidisaster
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
        Phoning is impractical - as I only have a mobile, and don't want to
        use it to call the USA!

        At this rate, I'll just have to try 'making my own'. don't have time
        or facilities, tho' :-|
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "mindrehab248"
        <mindrehab248@y...> wrote:

        > > No response to email - hope they haven't closed down or something.
        >
        > Try calling them. 1-866-223-3371 They (esp. Sophia) might have
        some
        > ideas to help keep it stabilized, too.
        >
        > Patrick
      • Bill Fornshell
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
          Hi, I haven't really been keeping up with this
          thread, but it seems you are overseas, UK, maybe??
          Anyway I was looking a German outdoor supply store and
          found a page with hammocks they sell.
          http://www.globetrotter.de/de/shop/rubrik.php?&k_id=0503

          I don't really understand what you are looking for but
          maybe something here will do? This place has a lot of
          interesting stuff. Bill

          --- alidisaster <alastair.dent@...>
          wrote:
          > Phoning is impractical - as I only have a mobile,
          > and don't want to
          > use it to call the USA!
          >
          > At this rate, I'll just have to try 'making my own'.
          > don't have time
          > or facilities, tho' :-|
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com,
          > "mindrehab248"
          > <mindrehab248@y...> wrote:
          >

          > > > No response to email - hope they haven't closed
          > down or something.
          > >
          > > Try calling them. 1-866-223-3371 They (esp.
          > Sophia) might have
          > some
          > > ideas to help keep it stabilized, too.
          > >
          > > Patrick

        • alidisaster
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 12, 2004
            Ordinary hammocks aren't a problem - I have 3, 2 homemade. However,
            they won't hang in the space avail.

            The Treeboat is designed to fit into awkward places, and be more
            stable. This is what I need.

            Yup, I'm from the UK

            People don't use hammocks for camping here, as most of the good
            walking areas are pretty treeless.