[Hammock Camping] Re: January 2004 Issue of Hammock Camping News

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
      This is a topic that needs to be addressed by the hammocking
      community or we run the risk of having hammocks banned in more
      areas. I'm planning on doing the Wonderland Trail around Mt. Rainier
      this summer and hammocks are not allowed in MRNP, so I will be forced
      to sleep on the ground. I don't want the other parks and National
      Forests to decide that my hammock is damaging and put a ban on them.
      If we can prove that a certain size of rope is ok for certain species
      of trees, etc etc, then we can approach the powers that be and
      advocate for use of hammocks and work with manufacturers to make sure
      that their hammocks won't damage trees. This is a good community of
      hammockers to take this up!

      ciyd