[Hammock Camping] Re: Ed's Winter Hammock Hike

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004
      Three Forks sounds good but whichever works better fo parking. In
      fact any section will do. and loop hiking or in and back is ok. ie
      parking both vehicles at the same place, or the shuttle where we
      meet at the ending, leave one vehicle and drive to start in the
      other. I'll holler as sonn as I see an opening. Will see if Paul is
      available too.

      Coy Boy

      > Coy,
      >
      > Okay. Do you want to start at Three Forks or at Springer? US42
      > crosses the AT at Three Forks at mileage marker 4.1. GA60 crosses
      > the AT at Woody Gap at mileage marker 20 and US19 crosses the AT
      at
      > Neels Gap at mileage marker 30.7.
      >
      > Dave

      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
      > <dpwomble@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > So, is anyone up for another winter hike in the southeast?
      The
      > > > Pinhoti Trail is pretty sweet this time of year. The
      Foothills
      > > > Trail, the Bartram Trail, the Chattooga Trail and the AT south
      of
      > > > Fontana Dam?
      > > >
      > > > Dave
      > > > aka Youngblood
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >
      > > well as soon as basketball season is over i should have more
      free
      > > time. as it is I can only find time for short overnighters.
      The
      > > penhoti sounds great but I'd also like to rehike the hike I got
      > sick
      > > on. Sort of feel like I owe it another shot. I guess you dont
      > mind
      > > hiking the same trails several times. I know i dont, (mind that
      > > is) I find the more trips the more i enjoy the scenery becaus i
      > > anit anticipating whats next since i already know. I hike the
      same
      > > trails around my house all the time and still love it. will
      holler
      > > when I get a few free days.
      > >
      > > Coy Boy
    • biker135803
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
        Coy and Dave,
        Count me in on ANY winter hike. I jus got rid of a flock of
        Christmas guests and only hunting season stands in the way. Hunting
        days can be shuffled to accommodate hiking. Gotta use my DAM again.
        Paul
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
          OK--I'm jealous guys. I know I just got home from a winter hike with Dave,
          but I guess you never get enough. And this warm weather is definitely not
          helping--feels like spring around here! I can't seem to get back into the
          dedication of office work--oh well, I know you guys will have a good
          hike--Dave is awesom with the maps! I am back off to Neels Gap tonight and
          Springer Mtn tomorrow am--droping Linguini off on his hike to Key West.
          Then it's back to the sweat shop know as hammock manufacturing. LOL! ...Ed

          Hammock Camping (the book) ISBN 0-9718594-4-2
          The Complete Guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience and Freedom
          also FREE Reports! FREE Hammock Camping Newsletters!
          http://www.hammockcamping.com

          Speer Hammocks, Inc
          Camping Hammocks for the Adventure Traveler
          34 Clear Creek Road
          Marion, NC 28752-6407
          828.724.4444
          http://www.speerhammocks.com
          info@...

          Hammock Camping News (Monthly e-zine)
          free online newsletter
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hammock_Camping_News
          http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm

          Hammock Camping-L (email List)
          a free open discussion group Learn from the experts
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

        • Mark Hooper
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
            Hey Ed,
            I got your book yesterday and couldn't put it down without finishing. I look forward to meeting you sometime on one of the campouts (if HH's are alllowed).

            Mark Hooper
            Charleston SC