[Hammock Camping] Re: Ed's Winter Hammock Hike

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004
      Coy,

      Okay. Do you want to start at Three Forks or at Springer? US42
      crosses the AT at Three Forks at mileage marker 4.1. GA60 crosses
      the AT at Woody Gap at mileage marker 20 and US19 crosses the AT at
      Neels Gap at mileage marker 30.7.

      Dave

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
      <dpwomble@y...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > So, is anyone up for another winter hike in the southeast? The
      > > Pinhoti Trail is pretty sweet this time of year. The Foothills
      > > Trail, the Bartram Trail, the Chattooga Trail and the AT south of
      > > Fontana Dam?
      > >
      > > Dave
      > > aka Youngblood
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > well as soon as basketball season is over i should have more free
      > time. as it is I can only find time for short overnighters. The
      > penhoti sounds great but I'd also like to rehike the hike I got
      sick
      > on. Sort of feel like I owe it another shot. I guess you dont
      mind
      > hiking the same trails several times. I know i dont, (mind that
      > is) I find the more trips the more i enjoy the scenery becaus i
      > anit anticipating whats next since i already know. I hike the same
      > trails around my house all the time and still love it. will holler
      > when I get a few free days.
      >
      > Coy Boy
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004
        Three Forks sounds good but whichever works better fo parking. In
        fact any section will do. and loop hiking or in and back is ok. ie
        parking both vehicles at the same place, or the shuttle where we
        meet at the ending, leave one vehicle and drive to start in the
        other. I'll holler as sonn as I see an opening. Will see if Paul is
        available too.

        Coy Boy

        > Coy,
        >
        > Okay. Do you want to start at Three Forks or at Springer? US42
        > crosses the AT at Three Forks at mileage marker 4.1. GA60 crosses
        > the AT at Woody Gap at mileage marker 20 and US19 crosses the AT
        at
        > Neels Gap at mileage marker 30.7.
        >
        > Dave

        > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
        > <dpwomble@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > >

        > > > So, is anyone up for another winter hike in the southeast?
        The
        > > > Pinhoti Trail is pretty sweet this time of year. The
        Foothills
        > > > Trail, the Bartram Trail, the Chattooga Trail and the AT south
        of
        > > > Fontana Dam?
        > > >
        > > > Dave
        > > > aka Youngblood
        > >
        > > Dave
        > >
        > > well as soon as basketball season is over i should have more
        free
        > > time. as it is I can only find time for short overnighters.
        The
        > > penhoti sounds great but I'd also like to rehike the hike I got
        > sick
        > > on. Sort of feel like I owe it another shot. I guess you dont
        > mind
        > > hiking the same trails several times. I know i dont, (mind that
        > > is) I find the more trips the more i enjoy the scenery becaus i
        > > anit anticipating whats next since i already know. I hike the
        same
        > > trails around my house all the time and still love it. will
        holler
        > > when I get a few free days.
        > >
        > > Coy Boy
      • biker135803
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
          Coy and Dave,
          Count me in on ANY winter hike. I jus got rid of a flock of
          Christmas guests and only hunting season stands in the way. Hunting
          days can be shuffled to accommodate hiking. Gotta use my DAM again.
          Paul
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
            OK--I'm jealous guys. I know I just got home from a winter hike with Dave,
            but I guess you never get enough. And this warm weather is definitely not
            helping--feels like spring around here! I can't seem to get back into the
            dedication of office work--oh well, I know you guys will have a good
            hike--Dave is awesom with the maps! I am back off to Neels Gap tonight and
            Springer Mtn tomorrow am--droping Linguini off on his hike to Key West.
            Then it's back to the sweat shop know as hammock manufacturing. LOL! ...Ed

            Hammock Camping (the book) ISBN 0-9718594-4-2
            The Complete Guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience and Freedom
            also FREE Reports! FREE Hammock Camping Newsletters!
            http://www.hammockcamping.com

            Speer Hammocks, Inc
            Camping Hammocks for the Adventure Traveler
            34 Clear Creek Road
            Marion, NC 28752-6407
            828.724.4444
            http://www.speerhammocks.com
            info@...

            Hammock Camping News (Monthly e-zine)
            free online newsletter
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hammock_Camping_News
            http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm

            Hammock Camping-L (email List)
            a free open discussion group Learn from the experts
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

          • Mark Hooper
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 6, 2004
              Hey Ed,
              I got your book yesterday and couldn't put it down without finishing. I look forward to meeting you sometime on one of the campouts (if HH's are alllowed).

              Mark Hooper
              Charleston SC