RE: [Hammock Camping] Wallcreeper sleeping bag

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      I'm in Florida, so there isn't all that much cold weather to deal with. I've used the bag down to the high 40s as a quilt. It works fine that way, and could probably go lower. I just haven't done it.
      I've worn it as a jacket -- vest really, as there are no arms -- and it does well that way too. My experience is limited to hopping out to visit the trees, or spending a half-hour in it (as a vest) while puttering around getting my breakfast things ready. I haven't worn it when cooking, so I don't know if it would be a worry around open flame.
      I usually only pull it up part way, so it goes down to my knees. That's pretty convenient, being able to adjust the length of coverage.