RE: [Hammock Camping] Wallcreeper sleeping bag

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Bear,
      Thanks for the info. I don't have a quilt, but I always use my mummy bag opened up as a quilt, and it works great. My only problem is that my bag weighs almost 3 pounds. I 'm considering the Wallcreeper so I could use it as a quilt, and also as a jacket for messing around at camp. Do you use the Wallcreeper much as a jacket (vest) ?

      Chet
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Chet:

        I'm in Florida, so there isn't all that much cold weather to deal with. I've used the bag down to the high 40s as a quilt. It works fine that way, and could probably go lower. I just haven't done it.

        I've worn it as a jacket -- vest really, as there are no arms -- and it does well that way too. My experience is limited to hopping out to visit the trees, or spending a half-hour in it (as a vest) while puttering around getting my breakfast things ready. I haven't worn it when cooking, so I don't know if it would be a worry around open flame.

        I usually only pull it up part way, so it goes down to my knees. That's pretty convenient, being able to adjust the length of coverage.